Friday Vanilla Libations from The Vanilla Chef
I made this first with my sister who was visiting, oh, back ten years or so. She was a bartender at the time and said it was the best Bloody Mary she had ever had. It is one of my favorite drinks, with or without the vanilla vodka. Don’t forget to add your “salad” to the glass (ie, celery, olives on a cute pick, spicy pickled green bean, and, something I just read about–a crisp piece of bacon! I’m going to try my bacon glazed with Vanilla Maple Syrup, or just make some of that bacon-y yumminess to go with my Saturday Vanilla Pancakes…Ono!)
Makes one gallon of mix. Add Vanilla Vodka to taste (1 1/2 ounces to a tall, well iced glass)
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- Frank’s hot sauce (which is our family favorite, but feel free to use your favorite)
- Vanilla Salt (optional, for rimming the glass)
- Add all ingredients (except vanilla vodka) into a one gallon pitcher and stir well. Allow flavors to mingle for at least 20 minutes (if you can wait that long!). Lightly moisten the rim of your glass with lemon juice (just take a wedge and rub it around the rim) and then dust with Vanilla Salt (put salt in a small saucer and lightly roll the rim to salt the edges.). Measure in your Vanilla Vodka and add ice. Fill up the remainder of your glass with Mary mix, stir, add your “salad” (see above).
- ** Enjoy responsibly and have a wonderful Friday!
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla Co? Sign up for a weekly recipe from the Vanilla Kitchen HERE.
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, "From the Vanilla Kitchen," to get delicious recipes in your inbox every week.