This Thanksgiving and holiday season, work smarter (not harder!) when you prepare dishes a couple days in advance to save yourself from a last minute sprint on every dish! Our crème brûlée is a crowdpleaser that can rest in your fridge for up to three days and be pulled out to wow all your guests at the Thanksgiving table.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In medium heavy bottomed sauce pan, add cream, vanilla (pod and scraped seeds or paste), salt; cook over low heat until just hot. Steep for 5-7 min, remove vanilla bean. Stir in extract if you didn't use vanilla paste.
- In mixing bowl, beat yolks and sugar until light. Stir in 1/4 of cream mixture, tempering yolks, then pour egg mixture into cream and stir gently. Pour into four, 6oz ramekins, place in oven proof casserole or baking dish.
- Create water bath: fill casserole with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 30-40 min until centers are just set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove from water bath and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- Before serving, top each custard with a tsp of Vanilla sugar in a thin layer. Place ramekins below a broiler (2-3" from heat). Watch carefully, cook until sugar melts and turns brown.
- Enjoy berries, sprig of mint, or a square of dark chocolate!
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, "From the Vanilla Kitchen," to get delicious recipes in your inbox every week.