Vanilla Caramel Sauce
Our new vanilla caramel sauce is going to knock the socks off your taste buds and leave them wanting more. Make a batch pre-thanksgiving and store it in the fridge for up to four weeks! You can drizzle over pies, cobbler, homemade ice cream, apple slices, pretzels, pancakes or waffles, a bowl of fruit, mixed with yoghurt, or even add it to your smoothie for a kick of something sweet.
- In small saucepan, add cream and scraped vanilla seeds or paste. Heat slowly on med heat until bubbles form around edges. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Sugar will melt, become thick and amber colored. Remove from heat if it becomes too dark.
- When sugar is melted and amber, carefully add butter. Remove from heat as needed. Butter will bubble and splatter so be aware.
- Stir constantly for 2-3 min until butter is fully combined. If butter separates, pull from heat and whisk. Return to heat.
- Slowly add in cream, stirring constantly to incorporate. It will bubble and rise. Bring to boil for 1 min. Remove from heat, add salt and stir again.
- Cool for 10 m before serving.
- Can be stored in covered glass jar in fridge for 4 weeks. Reheat in microwave or by placing jar in warm water. Enjoy!