Vanilla Caramel Sauce
Our new vanilla caramel sauce is going to knock the socks off your taste buds and leave them wanting more. Make a batch pre-thanksgiving and store it in the fridge for up to four weeks! You can drizzle over pies, cobbler, homemade ice cream, apple slices, pretzels, pancakes or waffles, a bowl of fruit, mixed with yoghurt, or even add it to your smoothie for a kick of something sweet.
- In small saucepan, add cream and scraped vanilla seeds or paste. Heat slowly on med heat until bubbles form around edges. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Sugar will melt, become thick and amber colored. Remove from heat if it becomes too dark.
- When sugar is melted and amber, carefully add butter. Remove from heat as needed. Butter will bubble and splatter so be aware.
- Stir constantly for 2-3 min until butter is fully combined. If butter separates, pull from heat and whisk. Return to heat.
- Slowly add in cream, stirring constantly to incorporate. It will bubble and rise. Bring to boil for 1 min. Remove from heat, add salt and stir again.
- Cool for 10 m before serving.
- Can be stored in covered glass jar in fridge for 4 weeks. Reheat in microwave or by placing jar in warm water. Enjoy!
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, "From the Vanilla Kitchen," to get delicious recipes in your inbox every week.