This Thanksgiving and holiday season, work smarter (not harder!) when you prepare dishes a couple days in advance to save yourself from a last minute sprint on every dish! Our crème brûlée is a crowdpleaser that can rest in your fridge for up to three days and be pulled out to wow all your guests at the Thanksgiving table.
2 Cup Heavy Cream
5 Large Egg Yolks
1/2 C Sugar
Vanilla Sugar for the tops
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In medium heavy bottomed sauce pan, add cream, vanilla (pod and scraped seeds or paste), salt; cook over low heat until just hot. Steep for 5-7 min, remove vanilla bean. Stir in extract if you didn't use vanilla paste.
- In mixing bowl, beat yolks and sugar until light. Stir in 1/4 of cream mixture, tempering yolks, then pour egg mixture into cream and stir gently. Pour into four, 6oz ramekins, place in oven proof casserole or baking dish.
- Create water bath: fill casserole with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 30-40 min until centers are just set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove from water bath and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- Before serving, top each custard with a tsp of Vanilla sugar in a thin layer. Place ramekins below a broiler (2-3" from heat). Watch carefully, cook until sugar melts and turns brown.
- Enjoy berries, sprig of mint, or a square of dark chocolate!
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla Co? Sign up for a weekly recipe from the Vanilla Kitchen HERE.
Want more recipes from Hawaiian Vanilla?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, "From the Vanilla Kitchen," to get delicious recipes in your inbox every week.